Is the EAP easy to use?
Published by: climbonline1,
Contacting the EAP is easy – all anybody has to do is simply call the toll-free telephone number. When your employees call the EAP, they must be prepared to give their name, address, and the name of your organization. Their name and any other identifying information will be kept confidential. Your employee’s name is important because it allows the EAP consultant to identify the specific type of service an employer is providing along with other important benefit-related information. Return calls can be arranged at the discretion of the employee. The EAP consultant will discuss their needs and concerns, listening to and professionally assessing the situation. Depending on their situation, the EAP consultant may:
- work with your people and help them make a plan to resolve their issues or concerns
- refer them to a support group
- guide them to helpful resources in their community
- refer them to a specialist or local counselor for ongoing counseling
- help them navigate the EAP website for informative online content